Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My First Running Post (and bedtime)

Well since I just started this blog and I am currently in training I thought I would post an entry to talk about my running. Today I went at lunch time and it was pretty warm out there, about 25 above (celsius).

Distance = 4.72 miles, 7.6 km
Pace = 9:37 min/mile, 6:00/km

I just went out for a run to keep up with it. I'm still trying to decide what my training will look like. Currently I am scheduled for a 15km race on the 1st of July, not that I am worried about the distance but I would still like to go for a decent time. I want to do a half later this fall and will make up a training regimen for that, right now just looking to get back into the swing of it. I have been off and on for the last couple of months and want to really get back into it.

Current weight = 189.5 lbs. (Monday May25/09)
Goal weight (for now) = 180 lbs. by July 1/09)

I have been between about 187 lbs and 200 lbs for the last couple of years. Just like a yo-yo! I think my ideal weight is somewhere between 170 lbs - 175 lbs., but that is a little ways down the road. Once I get back into my running more often and some other cardio and weight training I think both are achieavable. I just seem to lack some self-control when it comes to portion sizes. Maybe I like food too much. We seem to have a love/hate relationship. Anyways, I have hills first thing in the morning with some guys from work so I should go catch some zzz's.

It was my first night putting both the kids down by myself as my wife (Tracy) had a meeting to attend. She was a little late as we were trying to get Em(erson), 3 months, to bed before she had to go. However that didn't work out so well, so she came and hung out with Blake (2 yrs) and I until his bedtime. Blake has been awesome at going to bed since I can remember, (my wife does an AMAZING job) and tonight was no different. I left Em in her swing and took Blake up, one reading of "Goodnight Moon" and he was ready to crash. I came down and got Em, she was a little cranky so I rocked her a bit and tried to calm her down. She was still pretty fidgety when I put her down (about 15 mins later) and turned on her mobile. Once she found her thumb it was goodnight. Just finished watching the hockey game while posting (DET won btw). Take care everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to do the blog. I think it will help keep you focused on your goals and on track! I know you will get there and achieve all of your goals and more. What I am most looking forward to is the day you qualify for the Boston marathon! That will be absolutely amazing and I know you can do it!!

    I enjoyed "working out" with you tonight and hope we can do that often. Thank you for motivating me :)

    xoxox
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete