Sunday, May 31, 2009

Major scare averted....Garmin is recovered!

The title says it all...........

On Friday morning the Garmin (Forerunner 301) crapped out on me. Frustrated I got a hold of garmin and they said you could send it in to repair for $80 (US I think). I wasn't sure how long it would be gone for....they are closed on the weekends. We have been looking at upgrading and thought that my friend from work could use my old one and only have to get it fixed or I fix it and he pays me. I was way more concerned with not having it......I NEED it for RUNNING!!

I read some troubleshooting tips and alot of them say to leave it plugged in and charging - came home from work on Friday and immediately plugged it it. I was trying it a couple of times on Saturday and Sunday to no avail. I was resigned to the thought of calling Garmin back and getting them to fix it. We were actually looking at upgrading to the 305 model which I can pick up for about $225 but wasn't quite sure I wanted to do that just yet.

Anyways later on Sunday at about 7 pm I picked it up and pressed the power button and heard the farmiliar noise.....IT TURNED ON! It was still in the funky lock mode but after I reset it, it found the satellites outside no problem. I went on some walks just in front of the house and all appears to be well. Now I have no excuses so tomorrow (my day off) I am definately heading out for a run - probably around 1 pm when our son takes his nap (2 yrs old, and if I haven't mentioned it yet he, my daughter Em and my wife Tracy are my Life!!!).

Oh and I start the 30 day shred tomorrow night as well - will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment